Aspirin is one of the most commonly used drugs nowadays. Taking aspirin is a great way to kill a headache, relieve fever, ease tooth pain, or to prevent a heart attack or stroke in people with clotting disorders.
Research even suggests that it can reduce the risk of some cancers and Alzheimer’s disease. But aspirin has much other potential health, beauty, and personal benefits.
Discover some of the amazing things that bottle in your medicine cabinet can do for you.
1. Insect Bites
- Aspirin is one of the easy ways to treat insect bite.
- If you are facing problems like irritation on skin, redness, rash after bitten by insect then do not worry.
- Aspirin not only treats the problem but also prevents infection.
- All you need to do is, take a tablespoon of water and dissolve an aspirin in it and rub it on the affected area.
- Leave it for few minutes and then wash with lukewarm water.
2. Lightens your armpit skin
- Many people have dark skin on their armpits which can really ruin their self-esteem.
- To resolve this aesthetic problem, you should dissolve 2 crushed aspirins in 1/2 a cup of warm water, then apply the mixture on your armpits and leave it to work for 60 minutes.
- Rinse with water afterward, and repeat the process every day until you see positive results.
3. Gets rid of dandruff
- Many people have dandruff problems. If you have dandruff and wish to get rid of it completely, try aspirin.
- Aspirin contains salicylic acid that helps control dandruff by exfoliating your scalp.
- Salicylic acid skims the dry skin from your scalp so that the flakes can be washed off when you shampoo your hair.
- You should crush two aspirins to a fine powder and add it to the normal amount of shampoo you use each time you wash your hair.
- Leave the mixture on your hair for 1-2 minutes, then rinse well and wash again with plain shampoo.
4. Treats acne & pimples
- Aspirin can reduce the appearance of acne and pimples, which take away the beauty of your face.
- The salicylic acid in aspirin helps reduce acne and pimples by removing oil and dead skin cells that are clogging them.
- It also aids in reducing inflammation, the root of redness and pain, two common symptoms of skin breakouts.
- You should crush 2-3 aspirin tablets and mix them with a little lemon juice or just plain water to form a paste.
- Apply it to the acne or pimples and leave it on for a few minutes before washing off thoroughly. Repeat once daily.
5. Softens & removes calluses on the feet
- Calluses on the feet are toughening area of the skin; this is caused due to the high pressure [or] friction on your feet.
- To solve this problem, the best medicine is to use aspirin, it can remove it and make your skin smooth on your feet.
- Take 6-7 crushed aspirins and mix it in 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, if necessary add some water.
- Apply this mixed paste around the calluses and wrap your feet in warm cloth or cover with a plastic bag.
- Remove the wrapping after 10-15 mints, and then rub the calluses with a pumice stone.
- Repeat the same process until you feel that calluses fall off.
6. Aspirin facial mask
- Aspirin can provide soft face skin and free of impurities.
- Dissolve five tablets in two tablespoons of yogurt and apply it on your face.
- Leave it to act for 20 minutes and wash it with plenty of water.
- Afterwards, apply moisturizing cream.
- Take a break from the application after fifteen days.
7. Returns the shine of your hair
- Over time, your hair may lose the natural shine it always had.
- To recover it, simply crumble 8 aspirin tablets and mix it with 1 cup of warm water.
- Then apply this mixture in your hair from the root to the tip and let it act for 15 minutes.
- After that, rinse your hair as usual.
- Another option would be to add the same amount of pills to your favorite shampoo and wash your hair with it.
- This will make it grow silky, strong and shiny.
8. Reduce keloids
- Aspirin can help reduce the size of keloids and help fade keloid scars, thanks to its salicylic acid content which helps break down the extra layer of keratin protein on the skin.
- This remedy works best on newly formed keloids as with time, they become stubborn and more difficult to treat.
- You should dissolve 4 aspirin tablets in a little lemon juice to get a paste.
- Apply it on the affected area and leave it on for at least 20 minutes, until the paste dries completely.
- Do this twice daily for a few weeks.
9. Help cut flowers last longer
- Fresh cut flowers displayed in a vase have a pretty short life and tend to wilt away quickly.
- To keep the freshness of cut flowers intact, you can use aspirin as it helps lower the pH of water.
- Put a crushed aspirin in the water before adding your flowers.
- Also, don’t forget to change the vase water every few days.